Getting to and from Wyong Christian Community School

WCCS is located at 100 Alison Road, Wyong. We have substantial onsite parking and families can access public transport services.

We have ramps throughout our school grounds, making WCCS completely wheelchair-accessible.

This page covers information about Opal Cards and bus/train services.

Bus Services

Students travelling via school bus will need to apply for a School Opal Card. Below is a list of the suburbs serviced by each local bus company (Busways, Coastal Liner and Red Bus), as well as links to bus timetables.

Busways Service Areas
Coastal Liner Service Areas
Red Bus Service Areas

Busways Service Areas

  • Alison
  • Blue Haven
  • Budgewoi
  • Buff Point
  • Charmhaven
  • Gorokan
  • Halekulani
  • Hamlyn Terrace
  • Kanwal
  • Lake Haven
  • Norah Head
  • Noraville
  • Ravensdale
  • Rocky Point
  • San Remo
  • Tacoma
  • Toukley
  • Tuggerawong
  • Wadalba
  • Warnervale
  • Watanobbi
  • Woongarrah
  • Wyong
  • Wyong Creek
  • Wyong East
  • Wyongah

Click here to be directed to the Busways website where you can find more information on their school timetables and bus routes.

Coastal Liner Service Areas

  • Dooralong
  • Hamlyn Terrace
  • Jilliby
  • Kiar
  • Warnervale
  • Woongarrah
  • Wyee

Click here to be directed to the Coastal Liner website where you can find more information on their school timetables and bus routes.

Red Bus Service Areas

  • Bateau Bay
  • Bateau Bay East
  • Berkeley Vale
  • Chittaway Bay
  • Chittaway Point
  • Glenning Valley
  • Killarney Vale
  • Long Jetty
  • Mardi
  • Shelly Beach
  • South Tacoma
  • The Entrance
  • Tuggerah
  • Tumbi Umbi
  • Woodbury Park
  • Wyong

Click here to be directed to the Red Bus website where you can find more information on their school timetables and bus routes.

Train Travel

Students can travel to school by train from Morisset in the north and Gosford in the south. Buses run between Wyong Train Station and WCCS.

For timetable information for the Central Coast & Newcastle Line (CCN), please click here to be taken to the Transport NSW website.

Opal Cards

Students travelling via school bus who need a School Opal card or travel pass. A new application will need to be submitted if:

  • Applying for the first time
  • Requesting an additional travel entitlement as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation (e.g. joint custody).

Students should renew or update their details if they:

  • Change address
  • Change school
  • Repeat a year
  • Receive an expiry notification from Transport for NSW for their school travel entitlement.

This will ensure that schools can endorse applications, and entitlements remain valid for the start of a new school year. School Opal Card holders will have the changes applied to their existing card.

If a student’s distance eligibility has changed based on their grade (i.e. grade two to grade three), the system will automatically update their entitlement if they meet the new criteria. If they do not meet the new eligibility criteria, Transport NSW will send an expiry notification via email.

Students who have an entitlement approved under a medical condition that is due to expire will receive a notification advising them to re-apply.

Term Bus Pass holders will receive a notification to re-apply.

If students need to update their information or re-apply, please click here.

Students in the Opal network applying for an Opal Card (including a Term Bus Pass) for the first time will receive their Student Opal Card at their nominated postal address.

Students living in rural and regional (R&R) areas should receive their travel pass at the start of the new school year from their nominated transport operator. It may come via the school or be sent directly to them at home. Note: some R&R operators do not issue travel passes. Students/parents should confirm with their nominated operator if they do not receive a pass.

Further information can be found here.